Saturday 4 October 2014

September Favourites

It's been a while since I last blogged, but September was a hectic and fun month, especially for beauty! It's that time of year where summer transitions into autumn, yet the weather still stays reasonably warm and humid....and so the make up dilemmas begin. 

Below are some beauty items that I have been consistently using during the past month and will continue to use in the coming months. 

Nails

 Maybelline Forever Strong  nail polish in Rose Poudre, £4.49

When you can't decide on nude or pink, this dirty pink shade is the perfect autumn neutral tone. It stays on for ages and the colour doesn't fade easily- the label states 'Super Stay 7 Days', and I was honestly about 5 days in before I had to top up the odd chip here and there. I love the shade, love the quality and love the price! 






Lips


I received a sample for this a while ago and instantly fell in love, so I had to purchase the full version. While it's on the pricey side, it is worth the money - the colour is gorgeous, it's long-wear, it smells amazing and most importantly moisturises my lips too. My lips get dry fairly easily and some lipglosses/lipsticks come off easily and leave my lips feeling rough - this means I constantly reapply them throughout the day, which can actually worsen the problem. This product is a lip balm and gloss in one as it keeps my lips hydrated throughout the day, which means that a little goes a long way as I don't have to keep reapplying it. 

The lipgloss is sheer and Elizabeth Arden have a great selection of colours for all skin tones. Did I mention it smells like heaven? Although if you're not into sweet vanilla scents you may not agree. 

Sunset is a pinky coral colour which I love and my next colours to purchase are Precious Petal and Red Door Red. 






Face

No7 Match Made Concealer in Warm Ivory, £7.50

I tend to use liquid concealers during the summer so that my face doesn't feel so cakey. However my under eye circles are quite dark so I prefer thicker concealers for covering them. This product is perfect for covering large pimples and dark under eyes as it gives full coverage. I also use it on my nose to cover imperfections and larger pores.

For under eye application I would recommend applying eye cream and primer beforehand in order to reduce creasing.  I also have sensitive under eyes and so eye cream acts as a protective layer too. Apply a light layer of this product under your eyes, leave it for a couple of minutes and then pat it in with a concealer brush or beauty blender - this will allow the product to settle in and reduce creasing or fine line appearance. I'm wearing it under my eyes in the pictures above (in Lips).

It's a great price for a concealer and is really creamy which means that it doesn't feel too thick on my skin but still gives great coverage. 




What will you be rocking this autumn? 

G x

No comments:

Post a Comment