Monday 9 June 2014

Drugstore Make Up: Liquid Eyeliners

Obtaining the perfect Cleopatra flick is never easy. However over the years it's been a trademark look of mine, so I thought I'd share my favourite liquid liners from the drugstore that in my experience work well for creating the perfect winged look.


This was my first liquid liner and while I tried others, I always went back to this. The wand is thin and long, so it's easier to vary and build up the length and thickness of the flick, depending on the look you want to achieve. 
My only complaint is that the liner itself is not the best quality. If you wear liquid liner daily this product can irritate your lash line after a while. People with a sensitive eye area may feel a slight stinging sensation if they continually use this product. I personally don't wear liquid liner every day, but for a while I used this product all the time (I was obsessed with the flicks) and found that it irritated my lash line and outer corner of my eye. It is great for creating various looks from a thin and subtle line to big statement flicks, but if my eye area were extremely sensitive I don't think I would use this product all the time. 
Rating: 8/10



I recently got into this product (after many years with my trusty Rimmel) after one of my favourite YouTubers, Shirley B.Eniang used it flawlessly in a recent Get Ready With Me video. Shirley is amazing at applying make up (shout out time) and seeing her use Superliner so easily and perfectly just made me want to try it out. I'm happy to say I was not disappointed. The wand is firmer than the Rimmel one which is good if you don't have a steady hand and/or are new to liquid eyeliner. It's great to get in the inner corner near the tear duct and generally stays put all day. However, I do need to put on a few layers and shake the tube a bit to get enough product out. Other than that, so far so fab (sorry).
Rating: 9/10


G x

No comments:

Post a Comment