Sunday 18 May 2014

Second Hand Secrets

I was rummaging in my local charity shop the other day when I stumbled across this beauty. I couldn't resist buying it as I knew it would go with a lot of items in my wardrobe. It's a metal clutch, with a hard box-like shape similar to a jewellery box. I love the engraving and detailing as it reminds me of the 1920's glamour. 

The bag itself is surprisingly big and can fit all my night out essentials. I can imagine wearing this with a flowing chiffon dress or a plunging tailored jumpsuit. 

It's hard to find an exact replica but I've linked some clutches with a similar style below. 




It's always worth giving charity shops a quick peek - sometimes you'll find utter rubbish, but as well as this bag a few months ago I found a gorgeous MaxMara coat in a north London charity shop!

Good areas in London for charity shops:

Highgate/Hampstead - on the pricier end of second hand clothing, but they do have great staple items and designer pieces. 
Shoreditch/Dalston- known as 'vintage shops', in true east London style these have quirky one-off pieces and cute accessories. 
Brixton/Clapham - For an eclectic mix of high street and high end at fantastic prices. 

G x 

No comments:

Post a Comment